Monday, July 25, 2005

Sweet Memories

In The beginning 2001
Year One 2002Year Two 2003
Year Three 2004
Working On Year Four 2005
It's officially been 3 years now that we've been married, and this early morning I surrendered to the call to blog.

What a strange and wild ride life is. Things can change so drastically in such a short period of time. There are highs and lows, but it the unexpected and unanticipated journeys that are the sweetest. Five years ago, I could have never guessed that I would be where I am today. Sometimes I have to sit and just be thankful that I made blind decidsions that scared the hell out of me at the time, but turned out to be the best calls of my life. I never dreamed that would meet the man of my soul, as a goofy coffee shop acquaintance who would encourage me and kick my ass in to action, recovery and rediscovery.

It really does seem to have been destiny or God, that brought us together at the right time (even thought it seemed like the wrong time) at the right place, when we need each other, and were ready for it to happen. If it began any earlier, it would have been doomed. If it had happened much later, we both would have been to jaded and perhaps scarred make it work.

Life will never be perfect, the will always be bills, housework, and other miscellaneous things that will throw you curve balls, but right now I couldn't be any happier. I've got the one person who really gets me and he has promised to spend the rest of his life with me. The day he asked me to marry him I knew he meant every word he said, and the day we took our vows only reaffirmed what our hearts had been saying all along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home